Privacy at Accounting Software Australia.
This Provacy, Confidentiality and Terms Statement applies to the Government Domain Names website Accounting-Software.net.au. The Accounting-Software.net.au website is managed by the Australian Digital Technology Office.
When you register a domain name, we record name, address, email address and telephone number in the .gov.au domain registration system. Your contact details are required so that we can contact you about your domain name; Registrant and Tech contact details are also provided to AusRegistry and are published on Whois lookups.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we record the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address and associated country
- Your top level domain name (eg .gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz etc)
- The pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded
- The search terms you used
- The date and time you visited the site
- The previous site you visited
- Your operating system (eg Windows, Mac)
- The type of browser you use (eg Internet Explorer)
We use Google Urchin to collect this information. Urchin is installed on our servers so the anonymous website usage data is not stored offshore.
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us. Your personal information will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
We analyse non-identifiable, aggregated website traffic data to help us improve the structure and functionality of Accounting-Software.net.au. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
We do not share information about you with other government agencies or organisations without your permission, unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested
- is required or authorised by law
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health
You may gain access to the personal information about you that we hold. You can have us correct any errors or delete the information we have about you.
You may opt out of any further contact from us.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we may have to gain evidence of your identity before we can give you access to information about you or change it.
Further privacy information
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth),  including the Information Privacy Principles.
We also follow the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government Websites issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.